Data Science is not knowledge to be acquired but rather an art that must be learned through practice. The number one qualification employers look for when hiring a data science candidate is previous experience. The Startup.ML fellowship gives aspiring data scientists the chance to hone their skills by building real-world machine learning applications.
- build scalable machine learning models with agile software development methodology
- full-time for 4 months
- mentoring by seasoned data scientists
- pair program with other fellows and mentors
- we are based in San Francisco and Berkeley
- apply latest research in deep learning, ensemble learners, optimization techniques, etc.
Fellows have an opportunity to work on Startup.ML's growing portfolio of finance products in areas like quantitative trading and portfolio construction as well as startup projects from a variety of industries.
Fellows from previous cohorts are now in data science roles at Uber Advanced Technologies Center, Enlitic, Sentient Technologies, Yelp, Orange, etc.